In Word, when I do Save As recent folders are shown for OneDrive but not Computer.

In Word, when I do Save As recent folders are shown for OneDrive, but only Desktop and Documents and Browse are shown for Comptuter - no recend folders. I checked Show this number of unpinned folders in Advanced Options, and it showed 5. I changed this to 10, but still no recent folders come up when I do Save As.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Have you (recently) saved documents into folders on the computer.  Under File>Options>Save, do you have the box checked for "Save to Computer by default"?
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can see what's happening now. I was saving via a shortcut on the Desktop (to access a folder buried down several levels), and that buried folder does not then register as a recent folder in Word, presumably because a shortcut was used. Does that sound right to you? I've only been using this version of Word for a couple of days, and am still finding my way.

Thanks for assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2022 Views 373 Applies to: