How can I print mobile Office 365 docs from an android smart phone to a Brother printer?

I have a Galaxy Note 3 android smartphone and a Brother Multi Function Printer. I have mobile Office 365 installed on the phone. I have downloaded a Brother printer app which works for Google Docs but so far not for Office 365. Can anyone help please?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Ideally you should be able to print from within Office 365 applications.

So before we proceed, I would need more information to assist you with the issue:

What happens when you try to print? Do you receive any error messages?

If so mention the exact error message to help you better.

Provide us more information to help us assist you further.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Ideally you should be able to print from within Office 365 applications.

So before we proceed, I would need more information to assist you with the issue:

What happens when you try to print? Do you receive any error messages?

If so mention the exact error message to help you better.

Provide us more information to help us assist you further.

Thank you

If I go into Office 365 on my phone and open a document there is no option to print, at least I cannot find one.

If I go in via the Brother printer app there are options to scan, print web pages and photos that work but in the option to print documents it says it cannot find any documents yet I have Word & Excel files in SkyDrive.

I hope I have given you enough information to help. Thank you

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if the Brother Printer app can access a website (SkyDrive)

Otherwise, you may need to save the document to SkyDrive and then download it from there to a location that you can access with the Brother Printer App.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same question. In Android apps(like contacts, email, etc) there is a print feature/option. The question really is, does Mobile Office even have a print option, if so where is that option located, for example in Mobile Word?

In my case I have the Canon printer plug-in and I can print to my canon printers from my Android phones/tablets. But the application has to support printing. Can you please post a snapshot of the print option location in Mobile Office?

<Updated 3/13/15> I didn't renew my subscription this year because of this issue and also because most new transitions in Powerpoint slides don't work at all on the Android mobile version... Until MS gets their act together, I'm not renewing my subscription...

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if the Brother Printer app can access a website (SkyDrive)

Otherwise, you may need to save the document to SkyDrive and then download it from there to a location that you can access with the Brother Printer App.

A good suggestion but when I try to "save as" in SkyDrive I can only save it to SkyDrive it seems. There is no option in Office 365 Mobile App to print. These are the conclusions I have reached but hope that someone can tell me I am wrong and show me how to print.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, on an Android 4.4.2 phone. I have Office Mobile, which also gives me OneDrive, and I have my Canon printer's Pixma Print app, which lets me print (and scan) from the phone. I copied a Word doc from my Windows 8.1 laptop to OneDrive, then opened the doc in Office Mobile on the phone, but there is no option to print.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it's ridiculous that Microsoft Office Mobile on the Android phone doesn't have a print option.  I wonder if it's available on the iPhone or a Windows phone.  I do know that when Microsoft released Office for iPad, users complained bitterly about the lack of printing functionality.  Within weeks of the original release, Microsoft added that capability for the iPad.  Why not for Android phones?  Does Microsoft want me to use Google Drive instead? Also, on the iPad, you can save a local copy of a OneDrive file.  But that functionality is not available for the Android phone, i.e., if I'm not connected to the internet, I can't view my OneDrive file.  C'mon, man!  What's up with that?!  It's silly, frustrating, and business-dumb.

Microsoft, if you want to compete against Google then think of your users' needs first...that's what Google does.  Don't limit functionality on Android phones to spite Google, and erroneously think that people then will decide to buy a Windows phone.  Make your products easy to use anywhere and then more Android users will buy Office 365.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any news on this as it is driving me up the wall....??!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From the Microsoft Website... About Android Office 365 - no mention of printing....  :(

Your Mobile Office
View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents from nearly anywhere. Content and formatting stay intact so documents still look great when you're back on your PC or Mac.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From OneDrive I select the box next to the document I want to print then I select the share icon from the menu at the bottom. Next, select the send files option and I select my HP ePrint from the list of apps that comes up. Hope this helps.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 19,462 Applies to: