chromebook / office on demand / track changes

Howdies!

Um, so a colleague of mine recently purchased a Chromebook after her trusty laptop died. This has been problematic because we often work together on documents that require us to use Word's Track Changes features, and she can't install Word on her Chromebook. We've been attempting to use the Google Docs word processing online app, but this just doesn't do the trick. We've also used the free online version of Word but that also doesn't use Track Changes. My colleague and her husband share the Chromebook, and he happens to be a student.

Sooo my question goes something like this:

Does Office on Demand work on the Chromebook? And more particularly, do the Track Changes features work on the Chromebook?

And then, as a follow-up, is Office on Demand available through Office 365 University (it looks like it does)?

Thank you for your help!

Andrew

You get full local installation functions with office on demand. but I think I might not work as you cannot execute .exe files on chrome book.

See this links which briefly explains about Office on demand
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/use-office-on-demand-HA103337813.aspx

Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe in it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 1,221 Applies to: