Office 365 asks activation every time I run it

Hello

I run Windows 8.1 through Parallels 10 on my Macbook Pro. I have an Office 365 subscription and I have no problem with it on my Mac or with my family that I share the rest 4 licences. 

My problem is that every time I run Word or Excel (or any other) on Windows -through Parallels- it asks to activate the suite which renders it unusable when I am offline because then there is a message saying that windows is preparing my app to get used but it just doesn't seem to finish the preparation and I have to close it through the Task Manager. 

On my Account page the activation date also changes to the last log in date.

Is there any solution so I can use the suite also offline? I travel and I don't always have internet access but also I need to keep working...

Answer
Answer

Hello 

Finally after months, I figured out what the problem was.

I uninstalled Office 365 and during the reinstall I also deactivated the licence that was assigned. It was just one for my Mac OS and I noticed that I had not a second one for my Windows OS.

So long story short: I used one Microsoft account for my Mac OS licence for Office 365 and I invited myself using a 2nd Microsoft account so I can use one more licence on Windows OS when I run it through Parallels. 

It was a conflict of the licences because I logged with the same account on two different OSes.

Everything works fine and I am down to 3 available licences for my family..

Is it suppose to work that way?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 1,370 Applies to: