How can I download the Office 365 University software to a second computer?

I bought the software subscription card at Best Buy about 6 weeks ago and downloaded it onto my new laptop... and I just cracked my LCD screen on it.  I now had to buy a second laptop so that I can do my schoolwork, but when I login to "My Account" from it and follow the directions to add it onto another PC, it says that I don't have Office yet... only I do.  The packaging for the card says that it is good for 2 PCs.  What is going on???

Hello Christina,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting the question.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with installing Office 365.

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

1. Are you using the same email account that was used to create a Microsoft account for Office 365?

2. Did you register the product key purchased from Best Buy with the Microsoft Account to download and install Office?

If no, then refer to the following link to sign in or create a Microsoft account to download and install Office 365.

https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/?origin=HA102830243

You may also refer to the section ‘I bought from a retailer (DVD not included)’ in the following link and check if it helps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/access-help/find-your-product-key-for-office-2013-and-office-365-suites-HA102830243.aspx

I hope the above information helps. If you still have questions, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I only have 2 email accounts.  I tried both, and only one worked, but it says that I don't have Office yet  when I log in to that account.  I already entered my product key when I set up my first computer, so when I tried entering it again it sent me to the web site to log in to my account.  I don't know what else I can do. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

my son purchased and downloaded Office 365nto his computer how do we download to a second

computer in our household?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Patricia,

How Office 365 was purchased (Online or Retail)?

To install Office on the second computer, you may refer to the following link and check if it helps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/support/install-office-on-more-than-one-computer-HA102901468.aspx

In case if that doesn’t help, do get back to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded office 365 university on my son's computer and now I would like to download on my own - it says that it is allowed for 2 PC's.  I cannot seem to get it past entering my email & password. It says that it is not available for download. I believe I had a problem downloading it to my son's computer also...a tech through Microsoft gave me a different code to enter other than the one I have.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded office 365 university on my son's computer and now I would like to download on my own - it says that it is allowed for 2 PC's.  I cannot seem to get it past entering my email & password. It says that it is not available for download. I believe I had a problem downloading it to my son's computer also...a tech through Microsoft gave me a different code to enter other than the one I have.

Hi Ellen,

Mention the exact and complete error message you receive to help you better.

The account associated with Office 365 University is used to install and activate the product. So ensure you are signing in with the correct Microsoft ID. You must sign in using the Microsoft account that was used to register or purchase Office 365.

http://office.microsoft.com/myaccount

I hope this fixes the issue.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. WE had to use a different key code to load on our other computer.  I have logged in using the same email address as it was registered under but it is not showing up that we even have a subscription.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem. My old laptop crashed and it is the last two weeks of school (finals!). I logged in successfully and there is no subscription or account purchases showing. I purchased and downloaded online. That page is no longer showing up in my account. The purchase was 2014 for 4 years.
I need it NOW!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you purchased an email would have been sent to the mail account you used, and its this mail address that is associated with your MS Account
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Office installation.

What is the default browser in use?

Make sure you sign out of all the Microsoft Services on your default browser including Mail, Calendar, MSN or other Microsoft sites etc. (to which you have logged in).

Once you complete the above mentioned steps, you may sign in to www.office.com/myaccount using a browser and check if it displays the Office information in my account page.

Note: The account associated with Office 365 is used to install and activate the product. So ensure you are signing in with the correct Microsoft ID. You must sign in using the Microsoft account that was used to register or purchase Office 365.

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 5,382 Applies to: