MS Access 2013 - Too Much Spacing Between Objects in Navigation Pane

I have Office 365 / MS Access 2013 and the spacing between objects in the Navigation Pane is double or tripple spaced.  This is very annoying and unproductive because I can only see about 8 to 10 objects at one time.  This was installed with Windows 8.1 and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and nothing changed.  See Nav Pane picture below....Can someone please help???

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I believe the issue is due to Windows DPI settings and can be seen in other Windows versions too. Can you check your settings and try using 100% instead of the default higher 125%?

- In Windows 10, close everything , right-click the Desktop, and then select Display Settings.
- The Settings dialog should open and the “Display” tab should be showing on the left side.
- There is a slider that says “Change the size of text, apps, and other items” on this dialog. It will probably be set at 125% which is the default.
- Move the slider to the far left so it is at 100% and then click Apply at the bottom.
- Sign out and then sign back in or restart the machine to have the changes take effect.

How do the objects appear now in the Navigation Pane of Access?

--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
Senior Content Developer - Modern Assistance and Support Experience - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2013 Inside Out
Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010/2013 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/Copyright/Default.aspx
----------

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2023 Views 2,498 Applies to: