WORD 2013 will not print to PDF -not enough memory or disk space to repaginate or print this docment

I am using Win 8.1 64bit, 8GB Ram and MS-OFFICE 2013. I have also, Acrobat X1 Pro.

Why am I seeing 'There is not enough memory or disk space to repaginate or print this document' every time I go to print a few pages of the document to pdf? There is no such problems when printed to regular printers.

Acrobat and its driver is up to date.

The document is over 300 pages, so I print to pdf in increments.

The same document printed to pdf fine when I had Win 7, 64 bit, same 8 Gs of Ram and Word 2010 and the same Acrobat X1 Pro.

I saw somewhere where someone thinks removing the Custom XML data from the document using the Inspect option is a possible solution. Is that safe to do? Could that be a solution or won't portions of the document be deleted without my knowing?

Any suggestions, anyone?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is there any reason that you are not just using the Save As pdf facility or the File>Export>Create PDF/XPS Document facility.

As you say that you can print to regular printers without the same problem, it would seem that the issue is with the Adobe Acrobat application itself.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Doug.

It takes a very long time when I use the save as and often many of the pages don't get pdf'd. Besides there are times when I need to pdf, select pages from the document and I thought print to pdf is the only way to do that. Are there other ways?

I posted on Adobe as well but they seem to think it's a Word issue since Acrobat does not repaginate. So I'm left between a rock and a hard place it seems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like there might be some problem with the document itself.  Try copying everything EXCEPT the final paragraph mark and paste it into a new document.

Another thing that you could try if the free PrimoPDF converter, that will install as a printer and try using that to "print" the document to a pdf file.

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, Doug that would be quite the task for me to copy and paste 374 pages. I'll give PrimoPDF a try and post back the results.

One thing of note though. Many of the pages have background shadows around the text boxes, objects or images and when I remove the back shadow from one of the pages it printed fine without the 'memory-disk' error popping up. Don't know if it's just a fluke or if the cough is cured. It would be nice to think so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I note that you may no longer have the issue, but you don't need to copy and paste the pages one by one.

To do what I suggested, turn on the display of non-printing characters so that you can see the paragraph marks (¶)

Then

1. use CTRL+END to move to the end of the document
  2. Use CTRL+a to select everything
  3. Hold down the SHIFT key and left click with the mouse to the left of the final ¶ in the document
  4. Use CTRL+c to copy to the clipboard
  5. Start a new document
  6. User CTRL+v to paste the contents of the clipboard into that document.
Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Background shadows become bitmaps in the PDF and this has a real impact on the file size of the PDF. This could easily result in a memory hit serious enough to cause your problem.
Andrew Lockton
Melbourne Australia

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I'm still having the problem. Thought it was gone but not at all. I suspect it could be as Guessed suggested below. I did try copy and paste a few pages and I suspect because it was only a few, they printed as opposing to a 374 pg doc.

Thanks for all you help Doug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks Guessed. any solution to this then?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just upgraded to Office 2016, never got this message before.  Now trying to print a 4 page newsletter.  some pictures in it.  Still file is only 1.46MB on onedrive.

Now I get this message.  "Support" on twitter has been beyond useless.  Yet, if I open the file using Word Online, and hit "print" which is really just a PDF creator.  Easy peasy, and then the Reader program will print this puppy like real quick.

So why NOW.  Been doing complicated newsletters forever.  Graphics Driver is up to date, and it's a Serious Nvidia GFX 760.

Progress at MS always means going backward.  They seem to work nights FINDING ways to inconvenience their customers.  HATE IT.

Even paranoids have real enemies

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How are you trying to create the pdf - by using File>SaveAs or some other method?
Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2024 Views 6,439 Applies to: