Word 2013 will not launch center screen.

Not really limited to Word 2013, but word does not launch center screen, or even within the screen - it currently defaults 3/4 off screen (not maximized) and, if I have documents already open, opening another will force even the originally open document to move off the screen.  I've "resized", closed and reopened but even that is not working like it did in Office 2010.  It appears to be just a WORD issue....Excel and PowerPoint work well - seems they forgot something in code that would force center screen launch.  Anyway - it's just an annoying quirk that I would love to be able to resolve - Ideas??

Well - it seems that if you SNAP documents (one doc to either side or both sides of screen) if you close all out and launch word again, that is when problem occurs.  If you work MAXIMIZED and close word when MAXIMIZED - it reopens just fine....so I guess I can continue working that way..... unless there is some words of wisdom from the community..

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community.

All programs would remember its last screen size before it’s closed. 

If you have resizes the Word window to the desired size and close it, the next time you open a document, it would open the window of that size which you had set.

I would appreciate if you could post a screenshot of the same, so that we can check and assist you better.

When you are in the reply window you will see an option ADD Image, click on it to insert the image.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Deepa - thanks for responding.  I resized the window as suggested to center screen as shown in first image.  Closed work, reopened and it consistently opens in center screen.

I opened the first test doc and snapped it to the right side.

I opened a second test document (it opened center screen as I had resized it) and snapped it to the left side of the screen.  Then opened a 3rd test document and the window opened off the screen.

I closed all docs, opened word and it started center screen as I had originally resized. 

I did the sequence again, and this time on the opening of the 3rd document- it did not go off the screen but opened in the upper left corner - not a full snap - the size that I had resized it - just not in center.

It's an annoying little trait - Word 2010 used to do it too but I don't remember it being as random as this.

Just viewed the reply and noticed that the screen shots are not fully visible-----

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 105 Applies to: