Word 2013 unable to print envelope.

I'm using Office 2013.  When in Word, and I click on Mailings, I then click on Envelope to print an envelope, but I get a "Windows is not responding" message.  I can print other Word documents no matter what font is used.  I'm using an HP Photosmart C4180 All-in one printer.

Any suggestion??

Hi Ron,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community.

Try to update the printer drives and check if it helps.

You may also refer to the link below which discuses about the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/word-2013-unable-to-print-envelopes/efab3dfe-7d66-4ee1-9966-4e9afeb93c8c

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Deepa Raj,

sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but I was in the process of finishing up college courses and had to deal with final exams.

Anyway, I have updated the printer driver (HP Photosmart C4180) for Windows 8, 64 bit; still having the same issue.

I went into the control panel, selected the  M.S. Office installation, selected change, and clicked on repair on-line and received error code 30029-4.  I then went back to control panel, M.S. Office, and selected quick fix, and received error code 2147483634-8.

After first installing M.S. Office 2013, I couldn't get help to work in any of the suite programs. I had just purchased M.S. Office this past January (2014).  I had called Microsoft for help, described the problem with trying to access 'help," and my call was transferred to another company, that had fixed that issue for a fee.

Then, I discover that when trying to print an envelope in Word 2013, Word stops responding.  I don't want to uninstall M.S. Office for fear that if I do, and reinstall M.S. Office, that I'll end up with the original problem of not being able to use "help" in any of the Office programs again.  And, I don't want to have to pay to have that issue repaired again.

I've seriously considered uninstalling this version of Office and reinstalling my M.S. 2007 Office program.  I don't think that it's right to purchase a Microsoft product, have a problem with it, and then have a phone call transferred to another company to have it repaired. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I doubt that it was Microsoft to whom you were talking to when your call was transferred to another company by whom you were charged a fee.   There are a number of organizations that masquerade as Microsoft Help that have absolutely no connection to Microsoft.

There is a known problem with the Repair for Office 2013 that Microsoft advise will be fixed in the next update in a couple of weeks (which is actually an appalling situation given that the problem has existed for several weeks already - and they have been told that!)

In the meantime, the only option is to remove all traces of the Office installation by downloading the fixit from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

saving it to your computer and then running it.

Then reinstall Office by logging into
www.office.com/myaccount with your registered email address and click Install Office.

If you run into a problem with Word after doing that come back here with a full description of the problem.

As for your original problem with printing envelopes, if you use the option to add the envelope to the document and then try and print the document, what happens?

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Doug,

I'm not quite sure how to add an envelope to a document (used help and found information on mail merge envelopes), but have tried to create an envelope using mail merge with the same results: Word stops responding and I have to close the program.

But, before I remove and reinstall Office, I'll wait for a response to learn how to add an envelope to a Word document.

In the meantime, I'll download and save the fixit program.

Thank you for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On the Envelopes tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog, there is an "Add to Document" button at the bottom of the dialog to the right of the "Print" button.

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not able to get that far in Word.  On the ribbon, in the create section, when I  click on Mailings, then click on the envelope icon, that's when Word stops responding.  And, I've tried the on-line fix and get an error code, and have tried the quick fix and get an error code.  I don't print envelopes all that often, but on occasion I do need to print an envelope.  I'm totally stumped.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try with the Envelope Templates that you can download from the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

However, if Word is crashing when you click on the Create Envelope button, then there maybe something amiss with the installation of Office on your computer and you might try removing all traces of the Office installation by downloading the fixit from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

saving it to your computer and then running it.

Then reinstall Office by logging into
www.office.com/myaccount with your registered email address and click Install Office.

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,319 Applies to: