Word 2013: Rearranging rows/columns in tables

I know this question has been asked in the past and not answered. I am so frustrated I could scream (in fact, I have).

I need to easily rearrange rows and columns in my tables (which, as a quantitative researcher, I have to work with daily). I recently installed Windows 8.1 and now the tables in Word 2013 are not behaving the way I'm used to.

Whenever I try to rearrange my table rows or columns by clicking and dragging to the new spot, the row where I wish to insert is now replacing my old information, which I do not want! I seriously don't have time to keep adding a row, copying the information, pasting it to the new row, and deleting the old row. This is very cumbersome, time consuming, and inefficient. My production level is seriously suffering at this point. Is there a way to change to this in Word 2013?

I am begging for help here!

Thank you in advance,

Liz

I cannot replicate the problem when using 2013 on either a Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 machine.

Can you send me a document that gives the problem and I will investigate the issue.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 447 Applies to: