Word 2013 overrides paper size in print to PDF

I have found that I can get a better-quality PDF from Word when I print to PDF than when I save as a PDF within Word, but for some reason, when I try to print to PDF in A4 format, Word seems to override my choice and make it an 8.5x11.  If I choose legal size instead, Word gives me what I wanted.

I've already:
* Ensured that the paper size for the entire document is properly set as A4 (and if I save to PDF, that's what Word produces).
* Looked at the paper size that shows up under "settings" when I go to print, and it shows A4.
* Manually selected A4 in the printer settings, which for some reason still start with letter-size by default.

Nothing works.  I even tried installing a new print-to-PDF plugin but it didn't make a difference.

What do I need to do to fix this?  It's not a problem I had with Office 2010, and given how crucial it is for me to be able to produce A4 documents, I may have to uninstall Office 2013 and go back to 2010 if I can't resolve this.
Answer
Answer
This may work: In File > Options > Advanced, in the Print section, clear the check box for "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" paper sizes.

79 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 10,233 Applies to: