Word 2013 opening WordPerfect files

We are in the process of upgrading our computers and the new ones will have Microsoft Office 365 (Word 2013). My company used to use WordPerfect. When folks are trying to open an old WordPerfect file, Word 2013 will not open it.  Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an add-on that we can install? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Word 2013 should open WordPerfect 5.x (*.doc) and WordPerfect 6.x(*.wpd; *.doc) files.

What happens when you try?

If you want to send me one of the documents that you cannot open, I will check into the issue.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

One error message is the document is corrupt. I can't believe that all the documents are corrupt. What happens when the document is older? I can't really send you a document because we are a law firm and there are confidentiality issues.

Do you know of any converters? Is there a way to open them in a different text format?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Let us refer to the suggestions in the following threads and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/convert-wpd-files-to-office-word/8aa2edee-ac86-48c8-8e9e-24c0bcdb3d4d

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/using-word-2010-to-open-a-word-perfect-document/8dc70f84-a129-496f-8e9e-34bbe599baec

Note: The suggestions in the above thread also applies to Word 2013.

I hope the above information helps.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have WordPerfect Office X7 and recently Windows 10 downloaded some upgrades to my Windows 10 and now I can't open my WordPerfect files  which are not old.  And I need to access them.  I called Corel and they weren't able to solve my problem.  I tried turning off the compatibility mode and I was able to open a few documents.  But now it won't open them any more.  What do I do?  I love WordPerfect and I have too many documents that I need to access.

I learned to use a computer with WordPerfect software and I have stayed with it over the  years.  I also have Word 2013 and Word 2016 on my computer.

Please help!

Sincerely,

Elaine

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2023 Views 9,601 Applies to: