Word 2013 not displaying all pages in edit mode

We have a document with 600+ pages. When viewed online we can see all pages. Once opened in Word 2013 for editing however, we can't. If I use a different view I can but not in print view. This is a major problem as most people cannot work in this document now.

If I convert the file to Word 97 - 2003 then it works. Or if I open the file on my Mac (as it has a different version of Word - Word 2011 Mac) it works. But this is not what we want. We would like all files to work regardless.

Answer
Answer

With the document open in Draft view, turn on the display of non-printing characters by clicking on the Show\Hide button (¶) on the Home tab of the ribbon and then select everything EXCEPT the final paragraph mark (¶) in the document and copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into a new blank document.

That should get rid of the document corruption which may be the cause of the problem that you describe.

If that does not work, if you want to send me a copy of the document, I will investigate the problem.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

If the document contains a large table that is set to floating, the content in the table might 'disappear' because a floating object can't span across a page break. 

If your content that is disappearing is in a table then you need to make sure it is inline and not wrapping text around it.

Andrew Lockton
Melbourne Australia

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 3,162 Applies to: