Word 2013 crashes when opening "Find"

Hi,

After installing updates released on 11/11/2014 for office professional plus 2013 (including word 2013), Word crashes every time I wanna find something by either clicking on "Find" button or pressing "Ctrl + F". However, Advanced Find and Replace works well, which means that I can switch to the "Find" tab in the dialog. I guess that Word just cannot open the Navigation Pane including Headings / Pages / Results, which is not convenient for me to use.

It may be worth mentioning that I was writing some stuff in Word when it was actually being updated. When everything was updated, Windows prompted to restart and I saved everything and restarted my machine. Then I came across the problem. I tried to uninstall several updates specifically for Word (i.e., KB2899500 and KB2878319, but somehow there are 4 exactly same KB2899500 in my installed updates list), but doing so couldn't fix my problem.

I'm using a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine.

Thanks in advance for any possible solution for this.

Justin

Answer
Answer
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel)?
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 547 Applies to: