Word 2013 Consistently and Randomly Crashing

Good day everybody

I sincerely hope that someone here can advise me how to get rid of this extremely annoying error which has totally incapacitated Word 2013 on my PC for months on end. I am yet to find a permanent solution, though scouring the Internet. Those solutions that I did find during these searches, failed to return the desired results.

In short, the error boils down to this: I would be typing away merrily, and the next thing I know am presented with the familiar "Microsoft Word has stopped working" error flag, offering the choice to either look online for a solution, or close the program. Shortly before posting this message, I typed a letter in another application, the text of which I copied and then pasted into a Word document, but Word summarily crashed. This is the applicable error message for it:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
  Application Version:    15.0.4605.1001
  Application Timestamp:    5328ef0c
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18229
  Fault Module Timestamp:    51fb1677
  Exception Code:    e06d7363
  Exception Offset:    000000000000940d
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    7177

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033
  skulcid:    1033

If my memory serves me correctly, the foregoing is exactly the same error message I have seen during previous Word-crashes.

Thank you sincerely for any assistance you are able to give.

Answer
Answer

Resolved. It was indeed the spellchecker plugin that caused Word 2013 to crash. I replaced it with another and everything is running smoothly once more.

Thank you for your contributions.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2023 Views 2,671 Applies to: