Word 2013 Calibri font

Every day I have to reset the default formatting for the Normal template to get rid of the Calibri font.  Each day I modify the font settings, click "new documents based on this template", and it works find until I log off my computer.  When I reboot, that gawd awful Calibri font is back.  What am I doing wrong?
Answer
Answer

Hi Jan,

As I understand you do not want Calibri font to be set as default hence you change the default font, select the option new documents based on this template to set it as default in default template but when you logoff and login back Calibri will be set back as default font.

Follow the steps mentioned and check:

Step 1: Check what template you are using in Word:

o    Open Word.

o    Click on File<Options, Add-ins.

o    On the right hand side of the page under Manage select Templates and click Go.

o    In Templates tab, under Document Template group check what template you are using.

o    Click on Attach, select Normal.dotm template click Open and then try to change the default fonts and check.

Step 2: Open notmal.dotm file and then try to set the default font:

o    Open Word application.

o    Click on File< Open< Browse and browse to the location mentioned:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

o    Highlight normal.dotm file and click on Open.

o    Once normal.dotm file press CTRL+D keys on keyboard to open Font dialogue box.

o    Select the appropriate font that you want to set as default and click Set as Default.

o    Select the option All documents based on the normal.dotm template and click Ok.

o    Close and open Word and check.

o    Logoff from the computer login back and check if it works fine.

Step 3: Rename normal.dotm file:

If the above steps do not fix the issue then rename normail.dotm file and check:

o    Close all the Word documents.

o    Rename normal.dotm file from the location mentioned below to normaldotmold:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

I hope the above suggestions help. Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,847 Applies to: