Word 13 and unwanted display calibration change

I have a new computer with Windows 8 desktop non-touch screen operating system and have purchased Office Home & Student 2013.  On clicking to open Word document the display automatically recalibrates to 640x480 from the native resolution of 1366x768.
Resetting the display is necessary each time. 
This does not happen with Excel, One Pad or Power Point - only Word. 
I've checked and re-checked all settings and cannot find reason or solution.  Help, please. 
Answer
Answer
Hi Girish M.
Thank you for your response.
I actually solved the problem by clicking right on the Word icon and 'compatibility' which had the 640 x 480 setting.  Changed that to the native resolution 1366 x 768 and all is well.  Sally

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sally,

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

1. Browse to the location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClentX86\Root\Office15 or C:\Program Files(x86 \Microsoft Office 15\ ClientX64\Root\Office15.

2. Right click on Winword.exe and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab.

3. Click to uncheck the option ‘Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution’. Make sure you also click on the option ‘Change settings for all users’ tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.

4. If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click on Apply and OK.

5. Try to open Word now and check.

If the above information does not help, then you may reply for further assistance.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2022 Views 1,254 Applies to: