With a Surface Pro2, how do I print in greyscale rather than color?

I have a Surface Pro 2.  I am trying to print in "greyscale" rather than "color".  Neither my "printing preference", or my "printer properties" screens offer

a print color choice. My printer is an Epson WP-4530 (all in one) and I have three other computers using it; and, they all can select "greyscale" in the print preferences,  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to print in greyscale; or, is it just not possible to do so with a Surface *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 

Answer
Answer

Hi Jon,

Let us check the Printer Properties within Word by referring to the following steps and check if it helps.

Open Word.

Click on File and Print.

Click on Printer Properties and then click on Advanced.

Now check if the printing option is set to either Grayscale or Color and do the necessary changes.

You may also select a different printer (Microsoft XPS Document Writer or OneNote 2013) and check if the options to print in Grayscale or Color are available in the Printer Properties.

If the issue occurs only with the Epson printer, then you may update the drivers for the problem printer and verify the results.

I hope this fixes the issue. If not, reply and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 721 Applies to: