Widow/orphan control won't stay off

I have figured out my problem on how to make sure I have 25 lines on every page.  However, I have turned off the widow/orphan control at the beginning of my document and set it as my format on this document.  When I get to the beginning of a new page and start typing, if it starts a new paragraph it is turned back on again.  I have to go in and manually uncheck the box and then the remainder of the lines  to make 25 on the previous page will populate.  Any suggestions on why this keeps turning back on? Thanks.
Answer
Answer
Do the following if you are sure that you want to change the default: In a new, blank document (which you can create by pressing Ctrl+N), press Ctrl+Shift+S to display the Apply Styles pane. Verify that you see "Normal" in the "Style Name" box and then click the Modify button. In the dialog box, click the Format drop down, and then choose Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, clear the "Widow/Orphan control" option and click OK. Select "New documents based on this template" and then click OK to close the Modify Style dialog box.
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 1,918 Applies to: