Undo and Redo button in Office 2013 (Word 2013, Excel 2013, OneNote, Powerpoint 2013)

I have been working with Office 2013 (Office 365 to be precise) on Windows 8.1 for a couple of weeks now and noticed that it is missing a feature I used a lot in Office 2007.

The Undo and Redo buttons used to have drop-down menus, listing all changes the user made. In that list I could select a change I made and it would undo or redo everything up to that point. I can't remember if that was the default button in the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) or something I customized but it was there. My new office doesn't have the drop-down anymore. So when I want to undo 20 changes I have to click the button 20 times. I looked at costumizing the QAT and there is only one version of the undo button. In fact it looks as though it should have a drop-down list but I cannot see that once I back in the actual Word or Excel or whatever part of Office I am using. I have also seen screenshots of Office 2013 where the arrow for the drop-down list is clearly visible (for example on the Wikipedia screen shots.

Now I have 2 questions:

1. Does the drop-down list feature still exist in Office 2013 / Office 365?
  2. Should it be there by default?
  3. How can I get the drop-down history list in my Office programs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Answer
Answer

Update:

I found a solution: Turns out the drop-down menus are disabled in "touch mode". When I switch to "Mouse mode" they immediately appear again.

I will just leave this posted. Maybe it will help someone else!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 4,866 Applies to: