Unable to print in Word 2013

When I try to print with Word 2013 I get a pop up that asks Print to file, then an error message when I select the name of the document as the file

I have already saved the document but it seems to want to save it again and then sends another pop up asking if I want to replace it because I already have a doc with the same name.

Answer
Answer
Do you intended to print to a file rather than to a printer?

If you want a paper copy, not a file, then click the Printer dropdown and, at the bottom of the list, click the "Print to File" item to turn off its check mark. Then, when you click the Print button, the document will go to the printer instead of a file.

If you really do want to print to a file (a fairly rare requirement, useful mainly when the physical printer isn't attached to your computer, and the file will be moved to a computer that does have that printer), then the Print to File item should be checked BUT you cannot use the name of the document you're printing. When it asks for a file name, you MUST give it a different name than the current document, or else select a different folder than the one that contains the current document.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 3,997 Applies to: