Trying to print (as PDF) two A4 pages onto one A3 sheet

Hi...I am using Word 2013. I am trying to print two A4 pages onto one A3 sheet.  I need to print to PDF not a hard copy output to then send to a commercial print company.  In Word 2003, all I had to do was go to Print, select the option ‘two pages to a sheet’ and change the page size to A3.  I then selected CutePDF or NitroPDF from the printer options.  The result was a single A3 landscape page PDF with my two portrait pages side by side.

I cannot achieve this with Word 2013.  When I use the equivalent print settings, I get a single paragraph on the first page (landscape) and then the remainder of that original page content on a second page (portrait) and my original second page now as third page.  I do have section breaks and text boxes in the document – but that was never an issue in Word 2003.

I have trawled the web, chatted with an Answer Tech person and spoken to MS tech support in the UK – but with no success.  Can anyone help?

If CutePDF or NitroPDF is installed you select File>Print then select that PDF printer, and within that amend the print page settings
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Marvelleous! Thank you very much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I should've tested it better before I responded!  Unfortunately the printing settings in both CutePDF and NitroPDF won't let me achieve this either.  With both of them, the final output is to an A4 page, even when I select A3 in the settings.  Still looking for a solution.

Why could I do this easily in Word 2003 and not in Word 2013?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 2,071 Applies to: