Trouble with loading add-in

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with an add-in question. I've tried everything I can think of to solve this on my own, browsed through all the support available, but have to say I'm pretty stuck on this one.

Basically, I have a Word add-in I would like to use which is a Template and has a .dot file extension. When I go to Word Options and Add-ins, it is there under Inactive Application Add-ins. I then have to select it, go to Manage Templates, and check the tickbox next to it. That activates it and it works fine.

The problem is, every time I close Word and start it again, the add-in goes back to being in the Inactive Application Add-ins list and I have to perform the above steps over again. Which is getting to be a pain to have to do every time I open Word. How can I ensure that this add-in stays permanently in the Active Application Add-ins list?

I have also fiddled around with the Trust Center settings to allow all macros to work, but to no avail.

If anyone can shed light on this I'll be a million times grateful.

Sally
Answer
Answer
In which folder do you have the add-in?
For it to load automatically it must be in the Word (or Office) startup folder - If you have not changed the preferred startup folder it can be located (in English language versions of Windows) by typing
%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup
in the Windows Explorer Address bar and pressing Enter.

Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 463 Applies to: