Reference Check Boxes in a Formula

I am creating Word documents to use in an office setting so that my employees can fill out certain areas of the form which would then calculate costs and other job related numbers. I am looking to reference a check box in a formula, but am unsure if it is possible to do so. If it is, how does Word represent the status of the check box? I.e. 1/0, true/false, etc. Further, is it possible to then assign the check box a bookmark and reference the status of the check box in a conditional statement such as =NOT(x) or =AND(x)?

Thank you in advance!

Stern

Answer
Answer
I assume you're referring to checkbox formfields. You cannot cross-reference checkbox formfield results from another field. A macro is required for anything that is required to process them. Accordingly, you might get better results using a dropdown formfield to simulate the checkboxes, as you can reference dropdown formfield results from other fields. Using dropdown formfields also enables you determine whether a particular 'check' option has actually been chosen, rather than skipped over.
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 373 Applies to: