"Recent Folders" in Word incorrectly redirect to top folder

Using Word 2013 on Windows 8.1, when in the "Save As" area, clicking on on a folder underneath "Recent Folders," the links are redirecting to the wrong folder. No matter what folder I click on, the location that gets brought up in the "File Save" dialogue box will always be the location of whatever folder is at the top of the "Recent Folders" list. 

Interestingly, if I click on one of the folders that is not redirecting properly and select "copy path to clipboard," the correct file path will be copied to the clipboard, but when it comes to actually using the "Recent Folders" feature, all folders except the top folder will always incorrectly redirect. Clearing out the recent folders (using "remove from list" on each folder) doesn't solve the issue.
Answer
Answer

Hi Deepak,

I'm seeing this too when using word 2013.  No Domain, personal home computer running Windows 8.1.

It is also happening in Excel 2013 but as far as I have tested NOT in PowerPoint.

I am also using an Acer laptop and am wondering if the AcerCloud plugin is causing an issue - at the time I am NOT logged into Acer Cloud.  I don't know if the plugin only runs in Excel and Word and not in PowerPoint.

This may help.

Cheers ...Jay

​ 

Hello Jay,

Let us  open Word in its application Safe Mode following the steps mentioned below.

Hold Windows key +R. Type the following command in the Open box,  and then press Enter: winword /safe

Note: There is a space between winword and /

Disable add-ins if Word safe works fine.  If the application works fine in safe mode, try disabling the Add ins for the application and check the result.

Click the File tab.
Go to Options.
Click Add-ins.
Clear all the options

• Type excel /safe and press Enter to start Excel 2013.
  • Type powerpnt /safe and press Enter to start PowerPoint 2013.

Hope the above information is helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2022 Views 1,498 Applies to: