Problem with Office 2013 documents after PC resumes from sleep

Have a number of PCs in a work environment that exhibit the following error messages when they are woken from a sleep state and the user was working on a Word or PowerPoint document via a network share.

PowerPoint error: The file you were working with was modified during suspend mode, and the original version is no longer available. <file path and name.ppt> must be re-saved.

Word error: Word cannot establish a network connection with this document after the system resumed from suspend mode. Save the document into a different file to keep any changes.

Having searched the error message I can see that hot fixes were created to fix the issue in Word 2007 and 2010, but nothing seems to relate to Office 2013.

All the PCs have the latest OS and Office updates.

I tried the NetworkAvailableTimeInSeconds reg fix from this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2626998/en-gb , and obviously applied it to the Office 2013 key, but to no avail. The additional steps talk about applying the available hot fix, but this is not applicable to Office 2013.

Information:

All PCs Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Office Professional Plus 2013

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community.

Since the issue occurs on most on the computers over network share, I would suggest you to post your query in the forum below for better suggestions.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officeitpro

If you need any help in future related to Office or Outlook, let us know and I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. Have done as you suggested.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2023 Views 127 Applies to: