Problem printing in Windows 8.1

I have just upgraded to Windows 8.1.  My two printers have shrunk and wrongly centered Word 2013 documents.  I am in the middle of printing a newsletter so am desperate.  I rang Microsoft support, got transferred to a French answerphone, it rang off.  I am not allowed to ring again.

Update:  I have transferred my Word documents to my laptop Windows 7, attached the printers, and now am printing OK - but still need to know why Windows 8.1 is not printing corectly.

Update 2:  I converted word to a PDF, as suggested in one post, and it still prints small. 

Eureka:  I found hidden parameters in the printer profiles that had set paper size to letter.  I have changed these to A4 and now everything is working OK.  No problems any longer.

Hi David,

Glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue and thank you sharing the resolution as this would help other users with similar issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I also just downloaded/installed Windows 8.1 (was using Windows 8) and now I am trying to print documents in Word, Excel, etc. and they are not printing. Does this have something to do with SkyDrive? And how can I get my documents to print?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have loaded win 8.1.

When I tried to print I got a message I must use an app?

What, where and how do I get outlook, excel doc to print?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also just downloaded/installed Windows 8.1 (was using Windows 8) and now I am trying to print documents in Word, Excel, etc. and they are not printing. Does this have something to do with SkyDrive? And how can I get my documents to print?

Hi,

I apologize for not replying in a timely manner.

Provide more information to assist you better:

1) Are you able to print from other applications like Notepad or Internet Explorer?

2) Why do you think the problem could be due to SkyDrive?

Let's change the default printer to
Microsoft XPS Document Writer/OneNote following the steps from the link below and then try printing Word/Excel and check if it prints virtually:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-change-your-default-printer

If it does, issue could be with the printer driver. You may update/repair or re-install the printer driver and see if it helps.
Note: You may contact the printer manufacturer’s support for assistance in repairing or re-installing the printer driver.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I'll be glad to further assist you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a similar problem. I can not print from Microsoft Office 2013 program/excel from my windows 8.1 I am able to print from other programs like word, but not excel. It doesnt recognize a printer. I have made sure the printer is online and it shows connected, but not in excel. Have I missed a step somewhere?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2023 Views 41 Applies to: