Print Preview In WORD 2013 Has Been Slowed Down - How Do I Speed It Back Up Again?

In WORD 2013 when print previewing a document Microsoft seem to have slowed up the speed at which the screen paints so that there’s a delay between one page and the next.

How (if possible) do I change the speed so that there’s no discernible delay between painting one page in print preview mode and the next?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi,

There is no option to control the performance of Print Preview.

You could check if this occurs with other Office applications like Excel or PowerPoint as well.

Meanwhile, change the default printer driver to Microsoft XPS Document Writer or Microsoft OneNote and verify whether issue re-occurs in Word.

You may refer to the following article for instructions on how to change the default printer.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Change-your-default-printer

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

There is no option to control the performance of Print Preview.

You could check if this occurs with other Office applications like Excel or PowerPoint as well.

Meanwhile, change the default printer driver to Microsoft XPS Document Writer or Microsoft OneNote and verify whether issue re-occurs in Word.

You may refer to the following article for instructions on how to change the default printer.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Change-your-default-printer

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

In the 2007 version the speed of transition between 1 print preview page and the next is instantaneous: in the 2013 version it's noticeably slower: this is a nuisance.

I can't change the default printer driver because it's a corporate machine (although I am somewhat doubtful if this would assist in any case).

I'll keep an eye on other apps over the next few days.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 457 Applies to: