Pasting in landscape into a document in portrait

Pasting a table in landscape view into a text document that reads better in portrait view: 

This may have a simple solution, but I have struggled with this for 2 days. I am having trouble pasting a large table that reads better in landscape view without changing the entire texted document to landscape as well. This is a report that needs to have the table as an appendix, not as an attachment. Can someone point me to where Windows 7 with new Office 2013 download has instructions to help me with this?

You need to insert two Next Page Section Breaks (from the Section Breaks part of the Breaks drop down in the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab of the ribbon), and then with the selection in between the two breaks change the orientation for that Section of the document.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

For "everything" on copying and pasting content that includes section formatting, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsections.htm. (The underlying principles of the article still apply, but note that the menu commands are for older versions of Word.)
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 1,584 Applies to: