Office 365 crashes, offers repair, but won't complete

We have two computers, but for some reason, Office 365 refuses to work consistently on one of them. We recently bought an ACER Aspire P3 tablet/computer, and had trouble installing Office on it. But we figured it out. Then it continually claimed that it was an unlicensed product, even though it was, but we figured that out too. Then Excel would crash in anything except for Safe Mode.

But now I'm at a loss, and I haven't seen anyone else with a similar problem. When trying to open any Office product, we can open all the way to a blank document, but then it crashes and claims that Office needs to be repaired. 

When we choose to repair, the downloader hangs on Step 1 of 4 and won't progress. Excel will open in safe mode, but word /safe brings up an error message that says that Word cannot be found. 

I have no idea what to do and I don't even know where to start. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? What baffles me is that our other computer has Windows 8.1 and Office 365 and has never had any problems at all. 

Hi,

Since the issue involves with multiple Office 365/Office 2013 applications, let us follow the steps from the link below to completely remove all traces of it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Now download and install Office 365/Office 2013 by logging into www.office.com/myaccount with the registered email address and click Install Office.

Let  us know if the suggestions provided is helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 403 Applies to: