Office 2013 - Themes with color?

Hello, 

I recently upgraded to Office 2013.  To my horror, there are only three window theme colours: white, grey, and dark grey. 

You would have heard this complaint before.  It appears there have been thousands of complaints about this.

Yet, the only response from Microsoft seems to have been to introduce dark grey as an option. 

That addition does not change the intolerable, nauseating monotony of using the Office suite.

The Office 2010 light blue ribbon was, by comparison, so much more pleasant on the eyes.  I now find myself looking for work-arounds to try to return to an old version.  This is patently ridiculous, since all Microsoft needs to do is introduce a customisable color palette. 

So, my question is: after over 2 years of complaints from users after the initial release of Office 2013 in January 2013, are there any plans to add new colors or a customisable color palette for Office 2013?   If not, why not? 

Sadly, I expect a standardised reply will come from the support staff to this post - "We understand your concerns and we try to develop our products with users in mind, etc."  Well, I'm posting this anyway.  How Microsoft can continue to ignore the requests of its users is beyond me.  The fact that Office 2015 is being worked on is no excuse for neglecting its users.  For such a gigantic business it is totally unacceptable. 

Unemployed: Involuntarily leisured

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reply In reply to deleted message

I strongly suggest a "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" for millions of users who hurt their eyes. This is the only way to bring attentions to Microsoft. 

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2023 Views 10,519 Applies to: