Mysterious Problem: Comments sometimes won't print

I have a very weird problem with Word.

It seems to happen only to me and it's happened with a number of documents in both Word 2010 and Word 2013, and on a desktop and now on my laptop!

I have a document with track changes and comments. Both are visible on my screen and in print preview, but when I print the document, the track changes are there but the comments aren't. There is a space for the comments, but not the comments themselves.

Other documents will print okay. Tomorrow, this one will probably print okay -- it seems totally random. Sometimes if I reboot, it will fix itself.

I've tried sending it to different printers, including to the PDF printer, and the same thing happens. There's a big blank space on the right to house the comments, but no comments.

When a colleague printed the same file, it printed fine.

Does anybody have any idea what could be going on? As I said, this has happened on two different computers with two different versions of Word - so it just isn't making any sense.

Answer
Answer

Hi Ros,

I will try to help you with the issue.

Ensure all the options in the section How do I print the comments in my Word document? is checked as mentioned in the article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286169/en-us

Hope the article mentioned is helpful.

Thank you.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 15,181 Applies to: