MS Word Form Field dependent on selection of 1 of 3 check boxes

I am making a form in MS Word. I have 3 check boxes that each represent something different. I would like for a field's value to be determined by which of the check boxes are selected.  I have written a code for it but I am very new at this so I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. At this point the code basically says (paraphrasing) If Checkbox1 = True and Checkboxe2 & 3 then Field1 =; ElseIF Checkbox1 & 3 = False and Checkbox2 = True then.....so on and so forth. I have it set to run on entry of the dependent field. This works when you check a box then enter the Field but then it jumps me back to the very beginning of the form which I would prefer it to take me to the next form field. Also, if you go back and uncheck that box and check a different one it won't change the Field value because it won't allow me to enter the field again.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Answer
Answer

I read the article and tried that as well as your second suggestion but was still having problems and I'm not sure why.

I had not considered using a dropdown box as far as that goes just because there was a whole paragraph that went with each option and just a certain number was being pulled from the paragraph to fill in the FormField after all of the options were listed but the name of the selected option needed to represented somewhere else. However, that got me thinking and I deleted the checkboxes and inserted a dropdown box, containing each options title, at the end of the options. I was then able to have the dropdown selection populate the FormField requiring the number.

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate your time!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 1,051 Applies to: