Missing pages in a document opened in Word 2013

I am experiencing the same problem with Word 2013 on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine (SP1). I need to review a 23-page long document (*.docx). When I open it in reading-mode (reading UI, without toolbars etc.) it shows all 23 pages. Switching to edit-mode the status bar in the bottom left corner shows "1 of 9 pages". But I am only able to scroll down to page 8. Like Manü I have more grey space after page 8 than usual.

The document opens just fine in Word 2010. I am not able to share the broken document either. I will try to produce another "broken" one. How would I share it? Is there a public bug tracker, where I can upload attachments.

[Moderator note: split from thread at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/part-of-word-2007-document-missing-in-word-2013/800dd52a-4e4b-43d9-8d9f-c0daa32411a6]

Answer
Answer

I am experiencing the same problem with Word 2013 on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine (SP1). I need to review a 23-page long document (*.docx). When I open it in reading-mode (reading UI, without toolbars etc.) it shows all 23 pages. Switching to edit-mode the status bar in the bottom left corner shows "1 of 9 pages". But I am only able to scroll down to page 8. Like Manü I have more grey space after page 8 than usual.

The document opens just fine in Word 2010. I am not able to share the broken document either. I will try to produce another "broken" one. How would I share it? Is there a public bug tracker, where I can upload attachments.

Try saving to Word 97–2003 format; this usually works around the problem with missing pages.

To share a document, upload it to (say) Dropbox or OneDrive, make it public, and post the link in this thread.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,474 Applies to: