missing "change picture" option in Format ribbon for some pictures

Hello everyone,

I have a document (.docx) which I created in Word (Office 365). There are few pictures, I wanted  to replace one of them with another, but when I opened the Format ribbon the "Change Picture" option is missing (as well as other options). (see pic below)

There are other pictures in the document which I can replace easily, also the mentioned picture looks different when it's selected compared to the others. (see screenshot below)

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong? Thank you.

Hi Martin,

What is the format of the pictures/images having issues with?

Let us manually delete the pictures and then re-insert them to check. To do that, click to select the picture that you want to delete, and then press DELETE key on the key board.

I hope this fixes the issue. If you still have issues, you may reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Girish,

thank you for your reply. The pictures are in JPEG format (including the ones which work flawlessly).

Yes, deleting and reinserting the picture solved the situation for now. But I would still like to know where the problem does come from so I can avoid it in the future. This particular document is a design manual and the pictures in it will be replaced at least once more.

Best Regards

M.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I am having the same problem. Since our upgrade to Word 2010, this is really annoying because we have a lot of templates that need to have the pictures changed for various different events, and now we can't edit them easily. I hope someone can fix this bug soon!

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I am having the same problem. Since our upgrade to Word 2010, this is really annoying because we have a lot of templates that need to have the pictures changed for various different events, and now we can't edit them easily. I hope someone can fix this bug soon!

Hi Carla,

Mention the file format of the Word file (.doc or .docx)?

Generally the issue occurs if the document is of a .doc format. To resolve the issue you may resave the file to Word Document (.docx) format and then verify the results.

Hope this information helps you. In case you need assistance with the Office applications, reply to us.

Thank you

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I thought I made it clear that it was in .docx format.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So this hasn't been resolved? Trying to change from one image to another, but only way to do it (apparently) is to delete the original image or picture and insert a new one (and then, of course, go through the rigamarole of formatting to the right size and position.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's what I figured out after banging my head on my desk for a while:

If you drag a photo from Windows Explorer (a.k.a. File Explorer in Windows 10+) onto Microsoft Word, it adds it as an object, which has far fewer picture editing options, such as Change Picture.

If you use the Picture button on the Insert menu, on the other hand, you get all of the picture editing options you expect, including Change Picture!

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's what I figured out after banging my head on my desk for a while:

If you drag a photo from Windows Explorer (a.k.a. File Explorer in Windows 10+) onto Microsoft Word, it adds it as an object, which has far fewer picture editing options, such as Change Picture.

If you use the Picture button on the Insert menu, on the other hand, you get all of the picture editing options you expect, including Change Picture!

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion, but what's funny in my case is that I inserted a number of images to the same Word document and this ONLY happens to SOME of the images. Really can't figure out what's causing this. If anyone else can shed some more light on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Luis

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 22,091 Applies to: