Microsoft Word takes 10 seconds to paste plaintext

I have a newly bought computer running Windows 8, and freshly installed Office 2013. 

Whenever I try to copy and paste text, it takes extremely long to Paste. I'm talking about 10 seconds to paste ONE word. 

This problem does not persist in Powerpoint 2013. I can copy multiple paragraphs and PASTE them INSTANTLY. I can copy slides and paste them instantly.

Copy and Paste work instantly in Google Chrome as well.

It only happens when I am using Word. It takes a long time to Paste between multiple documents. It takes a long time to Paste into the same document I copy from.

Problem persists in safe mode of Word.

Answer
Answer

Hello Aaron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I know how it feels when a basic operation takes ages to execute on the computer. I will be assisting you with this issue.

Please follow these steps and check if it helps.

We will try opening Word in the Safe Mode and check if it works. Follow these steps to start Word 2013 in the Safe Mode:

• Hold the Windows key down and press      R, In the Run box that opens type winword /safe (note      there is a space between winword and /) and click on Ok.     
  • If you are not able to open the Run box      then follow this step. Click on Start > All Programs >      Accessories > Run and type in the command winword /safe and      click on Ok

This action will open Word 2013 in the Safe Mode.

Check if the issue resolves and you are able to paste plaintext normally in Word 2013.

If this helps, disable the add-ins as suggested in the Section ‘Delete the COM add-ins registry keys’ from this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Hope this helps to resolve the issue. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2023 Views 147 Applies to: