Microsoft Word blocks downloads

I don't know if it is my computer or Microsoft Word doing this, but every time I go to download a document from my schools website it will not open the file. I click the link, it shows that it is downloading and when I click to open it shoots me an error message telling me to use text repair.  I did repair my word through control panel and still no go.   I called my schools IT department and for some reason he had to go into properties and unblock the documents after he saved them to my desktop.  I was thinking it was perhaps AVG or some kind of app that was causing the problems so I deleted AVG.  It is still doing it!  The only way the document can be opened if the file is saved to desktop, right clicking and unblocking in the properties.  I have never had to these steps and I was able to open documents just fine last semester. 

Hello Beth,

Generally, the downloaded files are blocked by security settings under ‘Windows\Browser\Security Settings and not by the application which opens the download files.

So it would be best if you post your query in the Windows Forum link mentioned below to get information on how to disable this safety feature to avoid blocking of download files.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 529 Applies to: