Microsoft Word 2013 won't allow me to edit or add a graph/chart

As stated above microsoft word 2013 won't allow me to edit or add a graph/chart in any document i open, even if I create a new one. This has never happened before and it has always just worked fine before,I haven't done anything new or checked anything different, the only thing i haven't done is make graphs for awhile but that should not just mean it stops working all together. When I click on "insert a graph" -> i get a window that lets me choose the graph/chart i want but when i click ok the window refreshes and continues like that repeatedly, i can never get past "ok", copying graphs works but i can never edit the data on the graphs, i click "edit data" but nothing happens. Also restarting my laptop did not solve the problem.

Plus when i tried to do the same on Microsoft Powerpoint it no longer works either but i get a message "The program or feature "\??\C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\EXCEL.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows." I'm very confused and this has never happened Before. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answer
Answer
See the Article “Why can’t I start my Office 2013 application at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

Refer to the following website for information on repairing Office 2013\365:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 17, 2022 Views 26,105 Applies to: