Microsoft Word 2013 cannot save files.

Whenever I try to save a file in Word 2013, the box that you use to choose the location does not pop up. I can open files perfectly fine, the problem is just with saving. Before, the problem was still persisting, but when I opened the program, a box popped up that said "cannot create the work file check the temp environment". I looked it up, followed this tutorial and now it opens with no pop up, but I still can't save. I used to have Word 2007 and the same problem was happening to that one. 

Thanks for your help! 

EDIT: Just realized; the message "word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." pops up when I open a file. Again, I already followed instructions for this error message that should have fixed it.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that I also tried to follow Method 1 from this tutorial, but I could not see the Temporary Internet Files folder and when I went to <Drive:>\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files to try and create it, it said it already existed. I overwrote it and it still did not appear.

Answer
Answer

Hello Alexander,

Since there are multiple issues while working with Word 2013, you may create a new Windows User Account and check how Office Word works there.

Refer to the following link on how to create a new Windows user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Do get back to us with the results so that we may assist you further.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2023 Views 8,832 Applies to: