Microsoft Office keeps stopping !

I have just purchased & installed microsoft office 2013.  I am having the same problem, it seem,s as everyone else, all the programmes stop working when I try to open them or work on a document. 

I think there may have been a conflict when I installed my printer.  I have now un-installed the printer and have 'repaired' office word. I am still experiencing the same problem with the programme shutting down. 

I have tried following Guruprasad's advice of opening in safe mode and running the programme, but when I press the Windows key and letter R, and type winword/safe in the open box as he describes, I am told it cannot find the programme so cannot continue with starting word in safe mode. 

What do I do now?  I cannot access any documents.

Answer
Answer

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for that.

I found that uninstalling ABBY Fineread, or whatever it's called, did the trick and my Word package now seems to be working.

When I come to printing, I will do as you suggest - if I can make actual sense of what you are telling me in the physical world - do you get the feeling that I am a technophobe! 

I have just bought a new computer (Windows 8) along with the Microsoft Word 2013 package and it has been an all day marathon trying to get it all to work successfully.  So any help is gratefully received.

Karen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 484 Applies to: