macros not working in Word 2013

My macros disappeared.  This may be due to the corruption of the Normal file following a problematic shut down.   

I've tried recreating the macros.    However, none of these new macros are working.  The keystroke commands I've established yield no response.  Choosing "run" in View Macro interface does nothing. 

I'm running Windows 8 with the Classic View (so it looks like Windows 7).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Answer
Answer

First, start up File Explorer and type %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates into the address bar at the top, and press Enter. The %appdata% part will be expanded. Copy the expanded path to the clipboard. Verify that the Normal.dotm file is in that folder.

Next, start Word and go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations. Check that the Templates folder you saw in File Explorer is in the list of paths. If it isn't there, click the Add New Location button and paste into the first text box.

Click OK in all the open dialogs.

If Normal.dotm is in the Templates folder, and that folder is already trusted, then you can try running a Repair from the Control Panel > Programs & Features page. (Hint: the quick way to get there in Windows 8/8.1 is to press the Windows key and X together, then press F.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 25, 2022 Views 3 Applies to: