Macro cannot be found

I have just installed office 2013 on a Windows 8 machine.  If I start Word and immediately close it I get an error message 'The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro settings'.  I get the same error if I open a blank document (but it does open).  In trust center I have set it to accept signed macros, but if I allow all macros the error goes away so I presume the macro exists.  I have also tried opening old documents that contain macros created by me and digitally signed using SelfCert.exe and these also give this error when the document is opened. 

I have looked in add-ins as suggested by other posts with this error but do not see a way to find out what is causing the error, but there is a possibly suspicious entry under templates called AVWiz14s.dotm.  I can't delete it as the remove button is grayed out when I select it.  Anybody know what it is?

How do I find out what is causing the error and correct it without messing up my security by enabling all macros?

Answer
Answer
AVWiz14s.dotm is part of the frequently problematic Avery Label Wizard. There are two courses of action you could take to fix the problem.

1. Locate the aforementioned file and, with Word closed, delete it.
2. Locate the aforementioned file and add the folder it is located in to the list of trusted folders.

Given that this add-in is frequently problematical, may not be compatible with Word 2013 and will not do anything that Word cannot do without it, I would suggest the first solution.

Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 5,508 Applies to: