Inserting Online Pictures in Office 2013, not working, seeing only gray boxes

I have searched online for answers and have tried a few things.

My problem: In Word 2013 (also having problem in PowerPoint) when I go to Insert tab, Online Picture and I enter a key word and search I get the number of results, but only gray boxes as the actual result. I have read about others and know I am not the only one. I am using a laptop that is basically being used as an Office 2013 test machine, running Windows 7 Enterprise. (basically, not a lot of other software installed). IE is default browser and is IE8. I have tried resetting all zones in Internet Options and I have also done a Repair of Office. I have done other tasks such as clearing cache and cookies.  I checked with a coworker and he has identical issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was hoping for an answer other than, ClipArt is gone and it is best to go directly to clip art site to get images. We have a lot of users and this is not a good option for many of them.

Hello Sara,

1. Which option do you use in ‘Insert Pictures’? Is it ‘Office.com clip art’ or Bing Search?

2. Check if the same issue persist in other Office applications as well like Excel.

3. Is the Computer on network/domain?

If the Computer is on network and as the issue occurs with multiple Computers, you may get in touch with your IT administrator to check if any group policy is set or you may also post your query in Word IT forum link mentioned below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/word/threads

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Goodmorning!

1. I have tried both options. Office.com option gives me the gray boxes and Bing Search just opens an IE window where I put the search in again and nothing happens.
  2. Yes, it does the same in other Office Applications.
  3. Computers are on Network

I am going to try and track down a tech today, but from past experiences with Microsoft Products and our setup, I will not get resolution here.  Thanks for the suggestion on posting to the other group.

I was hoping to have missed something easy... Clip Art shouldn't be this difficult! :)

Thanks for your time.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same issue. Some computers it works others it does not.

Computers are Win 7 Ent.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jerry,

Are the Computers on network/domain?

As suggested in my previous post, if the Computers are on network it would be best to get in touch with your IT administrator to check if any group policy is set or you may also post your query in Word IT forum link mentioned below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/word/threads  

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem,  I only get GREY BOXES, no matter what Office Program I am using.  I work in advertising and this is frustrating as I use clip art all the time.  Also, I only have BING as an option.  Can I modify and add another site?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to find a work around. After the results from the search come back change the Type to Photograph and then back to All and it will then allow you to insert clipart.  This problem only started after Microsoft changed the search to only allow BING to search.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 7,281 Applies to: