Insert Divider in a Custom Group in Ribbon

I have created a custom Fonts group in my ribbon to include some of the commands I ordinarily use (why won't Microsoft just let us add those to their default groups, UGH!).  I cannot find how I can insert the little divider that a lot of the default groups have.  Where is that and how do I create them within my custom group?  Also, is there any way I can add the little down arrow in the lower right corner which pops up the Font dialog box?  Thanks.

I don't see a divider in the UI.  You can do it via custom XML, RibbonXML.  This page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338202.aspx

describes how to do it in this section: "Grouping Individual Controls"

The Font Dialog button can be found in the "All Commands" list.  It is shown as one of the "Font" entries (there are 3). You will have to find one. It does not appear as the small icon on the group name bar, instead it is just another button in the group.

I agree, it is dumb that they do not allow us to customize the default groups. It is annoying that even if you copy a complete default group into a custom tab, it is rearranged into 3 row display instead of default 2 row display. Ahhh!

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 1,008 Applies to: