How to get pinyin to appear above Chinese characters

I am tired of this, I've upgraded to a worse version of office when I went to 2013 version.  It's not showing me any of the 2010 options for typing hanyu pinyin. I can write Chinese but not have automatic pinyin appear in the phonetic guide to display above the character.  I've run out of ideas to make it easier short of what I am doing is cutting and pasting characters sets from old 2010 files.  I need pinyin to appear above the characters, it was already difficult in 2010, because I had to loo up a fix.  Why did they do that? I would think there would be a huge market for the pinyin as that is the UN standard for mandarin Chinese.  And most know pinyin now overseas.  Are there fonts with ruby text in hanyu pinyin for windows 8.1 yet.  Is so frustrating. Can anyone suggest anything? I know pinyin joe is working on it but.. any fixes please?

Hello Ven. Hong,

Check whether the same issue occurs in notepad/WordPad program in the Computer.

If the same issue persist then you need to check with Windows 8.1 Forum link mentioned below if there is any changes has to be done to Keyboard/Input settings for Windows.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am facing exact same problem with a recent "upgrade" (which now feels more like a downgrade) to Windows 8.1. The pinyin does not appear anymore in the phonetic guide. I checked the forum suggested above but found not solution

Any idea where to find a solution?

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the reply.

If you were unable to find the solution in the Windows 8.1 forum, you may post a new question choosing the appropriate category under Windows 8.1 forum link mentioned below:

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It happens in both.  it will not display.  and i can't find how to change the keyboard settings.  i can find how to add a language, the old displays for changing settings is not showing up, i can only set the blink rates and look at the hardware settings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Telling me to ask this question elsewhere is totally rude.  I looked in this forum, this is the right place.  If you can't answer please don't post a reply.  I and others have specific questions on this one issue which to us is a big issue, not a little one.  And until Microsoft stops downgrading their office features in favor of adding graphic shortcuts that are useless, and other features like links to the office store they will hurt their bottom line.  Been an office user since the 1980s when Worperfect was dominant.  If I have to I can always look at Wordperfect again.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I type keyboard input settings then I see what I already see with is my microsoft pinyin language set, it now allows me to see whether I want fuzzy pinyin, cloud access to microsoft character set, and something about double pinyin which i don't know what that is.

IT is NOT working still.  And the old ways of changing the keyboard settings do not show up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the reply.

If you were unable to find the solution in the Windows 8.1 forum, you may post a new question choosing the appropriate category under Windows 8.1 forum link mentioned below:

Thank you.

Dear Nayana, thanks for responding to my question

I have researched this quite a bit and it does not seem that the "Microsoft community" has an answer for me. I was hoping that Microsoft itself would have an answer on how to reactivate a feature that is quite important to many people using Chinese language and pinying on their computers. Something that used to be seamless and extremely useful does not seem to be available anymore. I am quite sure that it is an oversight or that the solution is hidden somewhere hard to find on 8.1...

Thanks in advance for checking

Best

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.  After this, I am not able to add Ruby Text (Under Phonetic Guide) to Chinese character.  This is very inconvenient and affect my work.

Another suggestion, can you set default reading in Phonetic dialog box from SimSun to Arial Unicode MS with size 9?

Looking forward to the fixes and improvement. 

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 9,649 Applies to: