How to count Yes/No answers and calculate points of Yes/No drop-down lists in Word 2013?

Hi,

I am designing a simple Yes/No questionnaire in Microsoft Word 2013 and would like to know how to count all the Yes and No answers in order to calculate a score based on the answers.

Basically I have inserted a table in word with a column for the questions and a column for the drop-down list controls, each yes or no answer may be equal to more than one point in the scoring system. I want to calculate the points of the yes and no answers separately and subtract the one from the other to get the score.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's assistance.

Kind regards,

Arthur Durand

Hi Arthur,

The available function list for Word is mentioned in the link that can be used to accomplish what you are looking for.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/word-help/use-a-formula-in-a-word-table-HA102329800.aspx#_Toc281293382

Since you are working with Controls, you may also post your question in Microsoft Office Programming forum for better suggestions.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-customize-customword?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=Threads&status=unanswered&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=Questions&tm=1400099508187

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What type of drop-down controls are you using?  Legacy FormFields that require the document to be protected for filling in forms, ActiveX Controls, or Content Controls?
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aravinda,

Thank you for your reply, I'll have a look at the links!

Kind regards,

Arthur Durand

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your reply, I am using Content Controls in Microsoft Office Word 2013!

I created the same Form in Microsoft Office Excel 2013 and it works the way I want it to, but I really need the Form in Word format for various reasons. I was thinking about using Visual Basic Scripts or Macros but I have no experience with Scripts or Macros.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Arthur Durand

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greg Maxey has done quite a bit with Content Controls.  See if there is something that helps on his website at:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.html

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2024 Views 1,851 Applies to: