How can I postion a table and a excel chart side by side on the page

I am currently doing my economics homework and I have to create a table and a chart for the data which I have done without any issues but they aren't all that big and I want to position them side by side on the page and Word will not allow that to happen. I have taken a course on using office at school and I am pretty proficient at using it but I can not figure out how to do this and I can imagine how it would look on paper and the answer is much better taking up less sheets of paper because yes even though we have a elearning system and some teacher expect you to submit all of your work online there are still some dinosaurs that want you to print out and hand in the assignments. (Not a very economical policy from an economics teacher wasting paper and ink physical resources when we could all submit electronically and save both). If anyone know how to do this let me know I would appreciate it since having my document not looking professional is bugging me.
Answer
Answer

You could set the properties of the table so that the text wraps around the table, which should then allow you to position the chart to the side of it.

Alternatively, you could perhaps insert a two cell table and insert your existing table into one of the cells and the chart into the other.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2024 Views 6,858 Applies to: