Help please! "Accounts not associated with this office product" keeps coming up when I try to activate the account

I just bought the product online from my school and after I log in to activate the account this message, "Accounts not associated with this office product", keeps coming up. I don't how this is possible because I still have the email to verify the account and when I click it it says that the account is already verified. I called the schools tech support and no one knows how to fix it. It also asks me for a product key instead, which I never received. Please help I need to use word for a report today!

Answer
Answer

Seek assistance via the following website

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/DisplayHelpContactUsPage

or the equivalent in your country of residence.

I got to the above site by clicking on the Contact Us link on the Microsoft® Office 2013 - MicrosoftStore.com‎ site that I located by Googling for Microsoft Office 2013 installation help.

You should not have to pay for installation support so stand your ground if someone suggest that you should be paying for assistance and ask to speak to a superior if necessary. 

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 360 Applies to: