Error while launching Word - Office Subscription

When i launch MS Word, i am getting the file conversion dialog box to select the encoding that makes the document readable. By default the radio button is on Other Encoding and the drop down is on Japanese.

Kindly let me know how to get rid of this dialog box. I have attached a picture of the dialog box.

I am using MS Word, under Office subscription.

Hi,

I will help you to launch Word without the file conversion pop up window.

Let us follow the steps mentioned below to disable this popup on Word Start:

In Word, go to File, click Options, go to Advanced, under General section, uncheck Confirm file format conversion on open.

Let us know if the suggestion provided is helpful. If you need further assistance, reply and I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my WORD 2007 & WORD 2013.  However, under File/Options/Advanced/General, the box is unchecked (Confirm file format conversion on open.)

When I receive the file conversion pop up window, I do choose Western European (WINDOWS) and my proper file comes up.  After it opens, another dialogue pops up telling me that the add-in template is not valid (C:\Users\...\~$nereader6.sprint.dot)

Is there help with this issue?  I've tried to repair Office 2013 but that did not help.

Mary Beth

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 463 Applies to: