Error in highlighting text (scrolling over with mouse)

Hi all,

I just installed office 2013 and have been having one consistently strange error.

On first opening up word, I have no problem and can easily highlight text (such as highlighting a sentence to delete it).
If I tab away from word, and then again return to the same file, I can no longer highlight.
A little windows loading symbol appears very momentarily (the amount of time it takes for me to click), and I am unable to select/highlight anything as before.

If I save and close word, and then reopen the file - I can then use it as normal (until I tab away once again).

Any idea about what this issue is?

I was using windows 8 with word 2010 previously, I have just got a new laptop, have installed windows 8.1 and have the one month office 2013 trial.

Thanks,
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Let me help you with the issue. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting, I need more details to assist you.

Does this issue occur with a particular Word document or all Word documents?

If the issue occurs with a particular Word document, then you may repair the document following the steps below:

1. Start Word.
  2. On the File menu, click Open. Select Computer.
  3. In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.
  4. Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair. 

If the issue occurs with all Word documents, then you may follow the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us

Let us know if the suggestions provided is helpful. If you need further assistance, reply and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2023 Views 1,500 Applies to: